We are probably less than a week away from the massive announcement of the latest iPhone version from Apple. This upcoming iteration of one of the most popular smartphones on the planet is already creating a lot of buzz that keeps most of us excited. Dubbed as the iPhone 5 (or perhaps iPhone 4S), there is no doubt that the next iPhone will be sleeker, faster, and more powerful than most existing smartphones on the market.
What can we expect from the iPhone 5? Here are some of the most persistent rumors regarding its features:
1. Two iPhones will be announced: iPhone 4s and iPhone 5
2. In terms of design, the iPhone 4s will almost look the same as the iPhone 4 but will have a faster processor and a more powerful camera.
3. The iPhone 4s will be priced aggressively and is targeted towards mainstream consumers.
4. The iPhone 5 will feature a new unibody aluminum design. Based on some of the cases that have appeared online, it will be thinner and will have curved sides and flat back. The iPhone 5 is said to sport a 4-inch edge-to-edge display compared to the smaller 3.7-inch screen found on existing iPhones.
5. The iPhone 5 will use the A5 chip utilized by the iPad 2 and will have a powerful 8-Megapixel camera.
iPhone 5 mock-up
Those are some of the most ‘realistic’ rumors we’ve heard so far. The most obvious feature that the iPhone 5 will have is iOS 5 – a major overhaul of Apple’s mobile operating system.
Ultimately, the 4th of October will be the judgment day as Apple is expected to make an announcement on that day. So, until then, expect us to make an update and share with you the real features of the iPhone 5. As always, we will also be sharing with you the official price and availability of the iPhone 5 here in Singapore.